Friday, September 9, 2011

Yippee!

Just got back from the Doc and everything looks good! My egg retrieval is set for Monday morning! I am so beyond excited and incredibly nervous at the same time. One of these eggs inside of my super stuffed ovaries could be one of my babies...amazing! The pain is totally worth it. If you think about it, how many people get to see the egg that will become their baby? Unless you are going through IVF/IUI your chances are slim. Pretty cool experience even though I would rather get pregnant by doing the secret naughty.
I am in quite a bit of discomfort and the doc said it will get worse over the weekend and last throughout next week. My ovaries are being stretched a great deal and the bloating is also causing pressure down yonder. I should clarify that it probably isn't as painful for women who opt to take pain relief. Doc prescribed Vicodin but I hate that stuff so I would rather deal with the pain.  Even though it is allowed, I feel that the less I put into my body, the better it will be for holding onto that embryo. Besides, if I mask the pain, how will I know if anything is wrong? I am happy to report that I didn't have any hot flashes today...thank you Bravelle and Menapur for giving me a break with that one!

So...now I wait for Monday. The day of baby making. The day my DNA and J's DNA will become one. The day that my baby/babies will be conceived.

No comments:

Post a Comment